FROGS is a community group of volunteers encouraging the use protection and enjoyment of outdoor spaces in and around Frome.
We want to make sure that the green spaces are safe and inviting for people of all ages to enjoy.
We welcome anyone who is interested in the outdoors and making sure that we enjoy it and look after it.
FROGS have organised several bat- and bird-box building days. Events are also organised along the Welshmill Greenway and in Victoria Park.
- Vote for extra activities !
- The Children's Festival has been shortlisted to win a day of adventure activities with Aveling Adventure and need YOU to vote for them! Go to https://www.facebook.com/AvelingAdventure and page down to September 26th, then vote for number 4 - Purple Elephant Productions. You may well not have heard of Purple Elephant but they are the people behind the Children's Festival, Sports Festival and Christmas Party.
The deadline for voting is 5th Oct!
- Showfield Spectacular! on the Old Showfield
- Bring a picnic and enjoy a day in the outdoors celebrating the new outside gym equipment on one of Frome's great open spaces. All taster activities are free - climbing wall, tug of war, gymnastics, walking football, zumba, self defence, face painting, bike activities, health advice, free health checks, personal training, sack race.......... plus more..... And FROGS will be there too ! (23/08/16)
- Picnic at the Roundhouse
- Please come and join us at 4:00 pm on Sunday 31st July for a Picnic, and enjoy the community garden we have all been creating by the Roundhouse at The Otherside, on the opposite side of the river from the Pump Track. Pavla from the Apothecary Garden - who has worked really hard designing, planting and inspiring - is moving back to Czech, so please bring and share a picnic to say 'bon voyage' and good luck ! (23/07/16)
- Frome Children's Festival
- Remember - Sunday 10th July from 12noon to 6pm from Welshmill Park to the Cheese and Grain.
Put the date in your diary and get ready for another day full of fun! There will be sports, wildlife, stories, crafts, face painting, drumming, forest school, music and much more!
AND ITS ALL FREE! See more at www.facebook.com/fromechildrensfestival
2015 FESTIVAL WAS BRILLIANT! (19/06/16)
- Midsummer Picnic
- We are getting there ! To celebrate progress in developing the Roundhouse Garden at The Other Side, volunteers will be holding a Midsummer Picnic and Working Party at the solstice.
All are welcome to come along on Monday 20 June any time between 5pm and 9pm and see what has been achieved, as well as our plans for the next stages.
Bring a picnic (ideally food to share), gardening tools, gloves and sensible footwear. We will be doing jobs such as planting and mulching shrubs and climbers, preparing and planting raised beds, and cutting back weed growth. More details www.facebook.com/events/308727012792156/
It won’t be all work though, as we celebrate this lovely riverside space at the centre of town. Walk from the Cheese and Grain car park over the Jensen Button bridge, turn right and keep going alongside the river – or come from the Welshmill Lane end, across the river from the play park.
We also have regular volunteer sessions in June on Saturdays from 2 to 4pm and would be delighted to have more helpers – just turn up, or contact email@example.com
- Learn about the wild meadow.
- Come and help us at the Roundhouse at The Otherside, on the opposite side of the river from the Pump Track. Every Saturday in April/May between 2 and 4pm join with others to sow a wild meadow, create raised beds and make the area a pleasant place. Please wear gardening gear - it can be muddy ! And bring gloves if you have them. We have some tools, but you may prefer the ones you are familiar with, so do bring them too. All welcome ! (21/04/16)