FROGS is a community group of volunteers encouraging the use protection and enjoyment of outdoor spaces in and around Frome.
We want to make sure that the green spaces are safe and inviting for people of all ages to enjoy.
We welcome anyone who is interested in the outdoors and making sure that we enjoy it and look after it.
FROGS have organised several bat- and bird-box building days, as well as wildlife walks. Events are also organised in the parks including along the Welshmill Greenway and in Victoria Park. They have raised funds for improvements to Frome's parks and open spaces.
- Shared Earth Learning Easter Activities
- Thinking ahead to Easter, visit http://sharedearthlearning.blogspot.co.uk/p/blog-page_15.html to find out activities over the Easter break ! (26/02/18)
- The 2018 programme is coming together !
- Not all the dates and times have finalised, but a bird identification walk in April, butterflies, otters (maybe signs of otters !) and wildflower walks over spring and summer are on offer. And we mustn't forget the Bat walk - this year we are going to a different venue. Plus herbal workshops in the Roundhouse, gardening sessions there as well, a yellowish project, and FROGS will have a stall at the Seed Swap and Potato Day on 25th February at the Cheese and Grain - and there is more in pipeline ! (21/01/18)
- Join RSPB's Big Garden Birdwatch !
- Help the RSPB by counting the birds in your garden - or a public park - for 1 hour over the weekend of 27-29th January. The data collected is analysed and the RSPB can find out which species are thriving and which are declining. You can request a free pack to help you get ready, along with more details via their website https://www.rspb.org.uk/get-involved/activities/birdwatch/#utm_source=Notes%20on%20Nature&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=January
- Funding for activities by the Roundhouse on The Otherside
- Congratulations to the Children's Festival ! Tesco's Bags of Help has awarded funding for a Wildlife project at the Otherside. More details to follow ! (02/01/18)
- Forgotten Little Creatures
- Victoria Hillman has launched a project to share information and to encourage Frome residents of all ages to get involved in protecting the environment, and securing a future for all the forgotten little creatures. She is raising funds to publish a book which includes photographs, all taken locally.
Do visit her website: www.vikspics.com and her crowdfunder site: