FROGS is a community group of volunteers encouraging the use protection and enjoyment of outdoor spaces in and around Frome.
We want to make sure that the green spaces are safe and inviting for people of all ages to enjoy.
We welcome anyone who is interested in the outdoors and making sure that we enjoy it and look after it.
FROGS have organised several bat- and bird-box building days. Events are also organised along the Welshmill Greenway and in Victoria Park.
- Frome Outdoor events in February/March
- Don't forget these events over the next few weeks............... Saturdays 25 February, 11 and 25 March 10.30am to 12.30pm FROGS session at The Roundhouse Garden at The Other Side (alongside the river opposite Welshmill Park). Mulching, weeding, etc. Please bring a rake and/or hand tools, and gardening gloves if possible.
..........Every Thursday: Mount Community Garden, Feltham Lane, Frome. Light gardening, planning the veg growing for this year. 9.30-11.00. Drop-in. Info: www.mcafrome.org.uk
....... Most Fridays: 09.00-16.00. Help Sustrans to extend the off-road cycleway to Frome. The work involves cutting back vegetation (brambles, small trees) removing rails, building steps, benches, installing drainage systems. etc. Different locations each week. Call 01373 462549 for details. Further project info: http://fromesmissinglinks.org .uk
.......Saturday 11 February Asham Wood. 9.30-16.00. Help to coppice the old SWT reserve at Asham wood, Mendipís largest and most biodiverse ancient semi- natural woodland. We will also look at some coppice crafts in the afternoon. Contact: Lila Morris, lila.morris@ somersetwildlife.org, 01823 653473.
There will also be a similar day on Sunday the 12th March.
.......Friends of the River Frome will be organising litter picks along the riverside from March onwards on Saturday mornings before the Independent Market. These will usually be from 10 onwards, meeting up by the Canoe Club in the Market yard. Details TBA. (08/02/17)
- Work in the Roundhouse Community Garden is starting again
- A few hardy souls last weekend were checking out the Community Garden - looking at the raised beds, and spreading mulch. Regular work sessions will be starting again and the next ones are on 25th February and 11th March. These Saturday sessions will run from 10.30am till 12.30. (26/01/17)
- Join us for our AGM at The Three Swans on 10th November at 7.30 pm, and meet other like-minded supporters ! (02/11/16)