FROGS is a community group of volunteers encouraging the use protection and enjoyment of outdoor spaces in and around Frome.
We want to make sure that the green spaces are safe and inviting for people of all ages to enjoy.
We welcome anyone who is interested in the outdoors and making sure that we enjoy it and look after it.
FROGS have organised several bat- and bird-box building days. Events are also organised along the Welshmill Greenway and in Victoria Park.
- Forgotten Little Creatures
- Victoria Hillman has launched a project to share information and to encourage Frome residents of all ages to get involved in protecting the environment, and securing a future for all the forgotten little creatures. She is raising funds to publish a book which includes photographs, all taken locally.
Do visit her website: www.vikspics.com and her crowdfunder site:
- Help us get more funding !
- FROGS and the Children's Festival Wild Life project is one of the local schemes that hopes to get funding from Tesco's Bags of Help. They have sent us the following list of Tesco stores where the voting will take place in July and August - please encourage your friends and family to vote for us if they shop there!
FROME EXPRESS BA11 2TU: TROWBRIDGE Frome Rd Express BA14 0DT; Trowbridge BA14 7AQ; Brook Rd TROWBRIDGE Express BA14 9DL;
Eastbne Rd TROWBRIDGE Express BA14 7HW;
Leigh Pk WESTBURY Express BA13 3SD;
MELKSHAM Express SN12 6TA;
WARMINSTER EXPRESS BA12 8EE
WESTBURY FORE ST EXP BA13 3AY (20/06/17)
- Frome car-free walking group
- A new group for people who like walking without driving.
One walk a month, usually on a Saturday.
Walks are around 8 to 12 miles long, medium pace (about 2˝ miles an hour), plus picnic/café/pub stop.
No need to book, just turn up.
Walks are free, apart from bus and train fares.
Walks undertaken at your own risk.
Walks will go ahead in all but the worst weather.
Please bring walking boots and waterproofs.
Join the email list to receive dates of each walk - email@example.com (31/05/17)