How to join us
There are no membership formalities or fees for FROGS, and everyone is welcome to join in. Details of our forthcoming events are shown below.
Please ring Sheila Hedges on 01373 451613 if you would like more information, or fill out the form on our contact page.
- Sunday 17th
- 11:30 am: A talk on herbs, The Other Side from the Cheese & Grain
A herb talk led by Jude Greenan and friends about the folklore and uses of the plants nurtured by FROGS supporters. The several raised beds at the other side hold medicinal and culinary plants - come and find out more about them. Meet at the Roundhouse, The Otherside, which is on the opposite bank of the river from the Cheese & Grain.
Cost - £10 per person. Book via this link https://www.facebook.com/events/194164851305972/
- Sunday 22nd
- 2:00 pm: Herbal workshop on summer flower fixed oils, The Roundhouse Garden, The Otherside
Join the second of three herbal workshops presented by Olivia Cliff and friends for an introduction to fixed oils for skin care and relaxation. Turning these oils into a simple balm using beeswax and coco butter probably using Calendula, camomile, St. John's wort, lavender and lemon balm. £20 per session - more details to follow.
- Sunday 29th
- 2:30 pm: Butterflies & Moths at East Woodlands, East Woodlands church BA11 5LQ
Discover the variety of butterflies and moths at East Woodlands with Eve Tigwell and Mick Ridgard. Please park considerately at the church. Adults £2. Accompanied children free and welcome.
- Friday 7th
- 6:45 pm: Bat walk with Adel Avery, Great Elm River bridge
Join us as we look for bats - we're going to a different venue this year. Adel Avery will help us to spot the bats using electronic detectors. Meet at Great Elm river bridge – parking area just up the road above the bridge, time TBC. Bring a torch if possible. Adults and children £2 – children are very welcome, but must be accompanied. All proceeds to the Bat Group.
- 2:00 pm: Herbal Workshop - Winter Roots, The Roundhouse Garden, The Otherside. The third of the three herbal workshops presented by Olivia Cliff and friends for an introduction to winter roots and immune boosting syrups. We'll hopefully dig dandelion and possibly burdock roots to make a traditional digestive decoction. £20 per session - more details to follow.